Dr.Ashlin Deepa R.N
Dr.Ashlin Deepa R N, Associate Professor of Computer Science Engineering at Gokaraju Ranagaraju Institute of Engineering Technology has completed her doctoral degree in Computer Science Engineering from JNTU Hyderabad, India in 2021. She has over 13 years of academic experience. She obtained her M. E degree in Computer Science and Engineering from Anna University, Chennai. Her research interest includes pattern recognition, machine learning, data science, high-performance computing, etc. She has published many papers in international journals and conferences. She is also a Life Member of IEEE and ISTE. She also has published one patent to her credit. With a great passion for research, she is involved in various consultancy and research projects. She is a Principal Investigator for DST-sponsored Project in 2022.
☎ Contact Details
Dr. Ashlin Deepa R N
Associate Professor, Department of Computer Science and Engineering,
Gokaraju Rangaraju Institute of Engineering and Technology,
Bachupally, Hyderabad, Telangana, India (500090)
1. Ph.D CSE,- Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad.
2. ME CSE - Anna University, Chennai
3. UG – VIT Vellore
1. Associate Professor, CSE, GRIET, Hyderabad, February 2021-till date.
2. Assistant Professor, CSE, GRIET, Hyderabad, July,2011-February 2021.
3. Assistant Professor, IT, MLRIT Hyderabad, May 2008 – November 2009.
4. Lecturer , CSE, Narayanaguru College Of Engineering (A Malayalam Minority Institution, KK Dist), June 2007- December 2007.
1. Institution level in-charge in GRIET for teaching learning portal “Newton classroom” which is integrated with Google Classroom since 2020-June.
2. Department –level M.Tech Examination In-charge
3. In-charge Feedback Analysis
4. In-charge Coursefiles
1. NAAC Criteria coordinator- Department level
2. NBA Committee work
RESARCH PROJECTS (ONGOING)
1. Principal Investigator for the Sponsored research Project from DST, Govt. of India. (2023)
Title: OCR for Handwritten Telugu and Tamil Scripts.
2. Principal Investigator for the Sponsored research project from Audintel, Hyderabad. (2022)
Title: An OCR based invoice automation system for Supply Chain Management
CONSULTANCY PROJECTS (ONGOING)1. Principal Investigator, Title: Optimization Of Data Storage And Retrieval In Cloud Computing For Supply Chain Management, (2022), (Audintel, Hyderabad, Telangana)
1. Ashlin Deepa RN and Rajeswara Rao R, “A Multiset Approach For the recognition of Handwritten Characters Using Puzzle Pieces”, Proceedings of International workshop on Signal Image Processing and Multimedia, AIRCC and CS&IT, 2012, Page(s): 79-87.
2. Ashlin Deepa RN and Rajeswara Rao R,” An Eigen characters method for Recognition of Handwritten Tamil Character Recognition”, Proceedings of the First International Conference on Intelligent Computing and Communication, Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing 458, Springer 2017, Page(s): 495-505. SCOPUS INDEXED
3. Ashlin Deepa R.N and Rajeswara Rao R,” Feature Extraction Techniques for Recognition of Malayalam Handwritten Characters: Review”, Special Issue of ICETETS 2014, International Journal of Advanced Trends in Computer Science and Engineering, ISSN 2278-3091, Vol. 3(1), 2014, Page(s) : 481– 485. SCOPUS INDEXED
4. Ashlin Deepa R N, "Speech to Sign Language Translation for Indian Languages," 2022 8th International Conference on Advanced Computing and Communication Systems (ICACCS), 2022, pp. 1131-1135, doi: 10.1109/ICACCS54159.2022.9784996.
5. Ashlin Deepa R N, "An Innovative Emotion Recognition and Solution Recommendation Chatbot," 2022 8th International Conference on Advanced Computing and Communication Systems (ICACCS), 2022, pp. 1100-1105, doi: 10.1109/ICACCS54159.2022.9785269.
6. Ashlin Deepa R N, “A Novel Deep-Learning Based Classification of Alzheimer's Disease in Adults”, 2022 IEEE Delhi Section Conference (DELCON), 2022, pp. 1-6, doi: 10.1109/DELCON54057.2022.9752991.
7. Ashlin Deepa R N, "Early Detection of Casava Plant Leaf Diseases using EfficientNet-B0," 2022 IEEE Delhi Section Conference (DELCON), 2022, pp. 1-5, doi: 10.1109/DELCON54057.2022.9753210.
8. Ashlin Deepa R N, "Survey on Image Authentication and Privacy in Public Networks," 2022 6th International Conference on Trends in Electronics and Informatics (ICOEI), 2022, pp. 01-09, doi: 10.1109/ICOEI53556.2022.9776842.
9. "An Efficient Deep Learning Based Chatbot for GRIET," 2022 IEEE International Conference on Distributed Computing and Electrical Circuits and Electronics (ICDCECE), 2022, pp. 1-5, doi: 10.1109/ICDCECE53908.2022.9792978.
10. “Document Text Analysis and Recognition of Handwritten Telugu Scripts”, Ashlin Deepa R.N. Proceedings of 4th International Conference on Cybernetics, Cognition and Machine Learning Applications, ICCCMLA 2022, 2022, pp. 462–466
1. Ashlin Deepa RN, Rajeswara Rao R and Vijayalata Y, “An Overview of Pattern Recognition Algorithms”,”Proceedings of National Conference on Emerging Trends of Computing Technologies”, 2013, page(s): 64-74.
1. Ashlin Deepa R.N and Rajeswara Rao R, (2014)” Feature Extraction Techniques for Recognition of Malayalam Handwritten Characters: Review”, International Journal of Advanced Trends in Computer Science and Engineering, ISSN 2278-3091, Vol. 3, No.1, 2014, Page(s) : 481– 485. Imp Fact: 2.1.
2. Ashlin Deepa, R.N. and Rajeswara Rao R, (2016). “An efficient offline Tamil handwritten character recognition system using zernike moments and diagonal-based features”, International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, ISSN 0973-4562, Vol.11, No. 4, Page(s): 2607-2610, Imp Fact: 0.12.
3. Ashlin Deepa R N. and Rajeswara Rao R, (2017) ‘A modified GA classifier for offline Tamil handwritten character recognition’, International Journal of Applied Pattern Recognition, Inderscience Publishers, ISSN 2049-8888, Vol. 4, No. 1, Page(s): 89–105.
4. Ashlin Deepa R N and Rajeswara Rao R, (2019) “Classification of Handwritten Tamil Characters using Variable Length Puzzle Pieces”, International Journal of Innovative Technology and Exploring Engineering (IJITEE), ISSN: 2278-3075, Vol. 8, No. 12, October 2019, Page(s): 4797-4801. 5. Ashlin Deepa, R.N. and Rajeswara Rao, R. (2020), A novel Nearest Interest Point classifier for offline Tamil Handwritten character recognition, Pattern Analysis and Applications, SPRINGER, ISSN: 1433-7541, Vol. 23, No.1, Page(s):199-212. Imp Fact: 1.02.
6. Ashlin Deepa R N and Bhumati Pavani (2021), Analysis of a Partly Supervised Learning Model for the Identification of Spammer Classes, Annals of R.S.C.B., ISSN: 1583-6258, Vol. 25, Issue 4, 2021, Pages. 6713 – 6727.
7. Ashlin Deepa R N and Bhumati Pavani, (2021), A Study On Reviewer Characteristics On E-Commerce Applications, Turkish Journal of Computer and Mathematics Education Vol.12 No.10 (2021), 4788-4794.
8. Ashlin Deepa R N, "Deep Learning Regression-Based Retinal Layer Segmentation Process for Early Diagnosis of Retinal Anamolies and Secure Data Transmission through ThingSpeak", Mobile Information Systems, vol. 2022, Article ID 8960132, 12 pages, 2022. https://doi.org/10.1155/2022/8960132.
1. Ashlin Deepa (2023). Drowsiness Detection Using IoT and Facial Expression. In: Kumar, A., Ghinea, G., Merugu, S., Hashimoto, T. (eds) Proceedings of the International Conference on Cognitive and Intelligent Computing. Cognitive Science and Technology. Springer, Singapore. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-19-2358-6_61
1. National Patent: Title of the invention: Machine Learning Model for Predicting Severity Prognosis in Patients Infected with Covid-19.
1. FDP on ‘Technology Enabled learning & Lifelong self-learning’ in GRIET from September 13 to 18, 2021.
1. Participated in National Level Conference Obcom-2003 at VIT.
2. Participated in 3rd National Conference On Network Engineering NCON 2006 at AKCE in 2006.
3. Participated in Two-Day National Workshop on “Speech Processing” at MGIT-2012.
4. Participated in FDP on Java Programming at GRIET in January-2013.
5. Participated in FDP on System Software Development at GRIET in February-2013.
6. Participated in FDP on J2ME at GRIET in February 2013.
7. Participated in Two-week ISTE workshop on Database Management Systems conducted by IIT Bombay, May-2013.
8. Attended FDP on Soft Computing & Machine Learning at GRIET in March-2014.
9. Participated in FDP on GUIDE TO A PASSIONATE TEACHER at GRIET in June 28- July 4-2015.
10. Participated in FDP on Internet of Things and its Applications at GRIET in 4, 5 December-2015.
11. Participated in FDP on Current Research Trends in Computer Science at GRIET in 18, 19 December-2015.
12. Have attended the Summer school on Computer vision at IIIT Hyderabad from 2-7-2018 to 7-7-2018.
13. Have completed the Skill Development Training Program on “Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning-II” from 27/07/2021 to 23/09/2021 under joint venture of ISTE & BNY Mellon.
14. Have attended Winter School on Advances in Deep Learning for Multimedia Signal Processing during 3-5 March 2022, IEEE Gujarat Section Signal Processing Chapter.
15. Have attended the Summer school on AI at IIIT Hyderabad from 18-7-2022 to 10-8-2022.
1. Have completed “Data Scientist Master’s Program” from Simplilearn during June 2020 to January 2021.
2. Successfully completed HS791xS16: Technical Communication for Scientists and Engineers a course of study offered by IITBombayX, an online learning initiative of Indian Institute of Technology Bombay.
3. Participated as mentor in the Pre-ILP Program conducted by TCS during 29-Nov-2014 to 02-April-2015 at GRIET and won the award of Best Project Award for the project ‘Designing Yang Compiler to convert Yang files into Java files’.
4. Successfully completed a workshop on ‘High Impact Teaching Skills, Dale Carnegie Training, Mission 10X conducted by WIPRO in February-2009.
1. Worked as a member of Organizing Committee during Two-Day National Conference ‘National Conference on Emerging Trends of Computing Technologies’ in March-2013 at GRIET.
2. Worked as a member of Organizing Committee during “2nd International Conference on Wireless Sensor Networks, Ubiquitous Computing, and Applications 2021 (ICWSNUCA-2021)” on 26-27 February 2021 at GRIET.