G. Mallikarjuna Rao
I am Gundavarapu Mallikarjuna Rao, a Professor of Computer Science and
Engineering with 31 years of experience in academia. I hold two Master's
degrees - M.E. in Digital Systems from Osmania University (1992) and M.Tech
in CSE from JNTUH (2012) in Hyderabad.
My extensive experience in academia spans across various roles including
lecturer, senior lecturer, associate professor, and professor. My research
interests lie in Pattern Recognition, GPU Computing, Machine Learning, and
Over the years, I have been actively involved in various committees such as
Departmental Development Management Committee, Departmental BOS, and
Project Coordinator. I have also served as the Dean of FDP and Outreach
activity at GRIET and acted as a Single Point of Contact (SPOC) for TCS-TBU
(Technological Business Unit) and TCS-MBU (Manufacturing Business Unit)
remote internship projects at GRIET.
In recognition of my contributions, I was awarded a grant of 7.5 lakhs from
AICTE for "Parallel Computing and Operating System Lab" MODROB in 2012.
Furthermore, I serve as an Editorial Board Member for the International
Journal of Science and Engineering (IJSE) with p-ISSN: 2086-5023. I also
received training from AICTE to become an IDEA Lab Tech Guru.
Currently, I serve as the SPOC and Coordinator for Smart India Hackathon (SIH)
at GRIET and TECH GURU for AICTE IDEA Lab of GRIET.
☎ Contact Details
G. Mallikarjuna Rao
Department of Computer Science and Engineering
Gokaraju Rangaraju Institute of Engineering and Technology
M.E in Digital Systems from Osmania University, Hyderabad completed in 1992.
M.Tech in Computer Science and Engineering from JNTUH, Hyderabad, completed in 2002.
Served as Dean of Faculty development program 2009 at GRIET Dean Outreach at GRIET 2010
Served as NBA Coordinator for CSE 2017 UG program
Editorial board member for International journal of Science and Engineering (IJSE),undp, p-ISSN: 2086-5023, e-ISSN: 2302-5743
Sponsored ProjectsName of the Lab: Operating System and Parallel Programming ,Scheme:MODROB Grant: AICTE Amount: 7.5 lacks,All India Council for Technical Education (New Delhi, Southern region) 2013-02 to 2014-10|Grant GRANT_NUMBER: 12/AICTE/RIFD/MOD(POLICY-3)PVT-2012-13
Title of the invention : IMPLEMENTATION OF MACHINE LEARNINGTECHNIQUES FOR ATTACK AND ANOMALY DETECTION IN INTERNET OF THINGS (IOT) SENSORS AND SITES , Application No.202241073450 A , INDIA , Date of filing of Application :19/12/2022 , Publication Date : 06/01/2023
1. FDP IIT Bambay
2. Couseera certification courses
3. Edx certification courses
1. Switching Theory Logic Design (gold medal,Top 1%)   2. Introduction to Internet of Thing (Silver medal,Top 5%)
3. Computer Architecture and Organization ( gold medal,Top 1%)
Design and Analysis of algorithms
Micro Controllers and Internet of Things
Operating Systems, Switching Theory and Logic Design,
Computer Organization, AI and NN ,
Microcontrollers,Multi Core Architecture and Programming
High Performance Computing ,Image Processing and pattern recognition
Compiler design, Embedded System
1. S.Bhargavi Latha, Mallikarjuna Rao Gundavarapu, NVS Pavan Kumar, D V Lalita Parameswari, B Rama Krishna Reddy, “ Technology for Kisan Samanvayam: Nutrition Intelligibility of Groundnut Plant using IoT-ML Framework”, International Journal on Recent and Innovation Trends in Computing and Communication ,2023, ISSN: 2321-8169 Volume: 11 Issue: 3
2. Gundavarapu, M.R., Ineni, S.K., Sathvika, K., Keshava, G.S., Charan, U.R.,” Smart Framework for Automatic Control of Home Appliances Using IoT”, Journal of Physics: Conference Series, 2022, 2325(1), 012033
3. Nishanth, D.N., Mallikarjuna Rao, G,” Liveness detection based on human eye blinking for photo attacks”, International Journal of Engineering and Advanced Technology, 2019, 9(1), pp. 4074–4077,2 Citations 1
4. Divya Sree, P., Mallikarjuna Rao, G., “A research on passive forgery detection”, International Journal of Recent Technology and Engineering, 2019, 8(2 Special Issue 11), pp. 2479–2483
5. Mallikarjuna Rao G "Weighted Local Active Pixel Pattern (WLAPP) for Effective Face Recognition"in International Journal of Science and Engineering Reasearch-IJSER,Vol 4,Issue 8,Aug-2013. Citations:3
6. Mallikarjuna Rao G "Weighted Local Active Pixel Pattern (WLAPP) for Face Recognition in Parallel Computation Environment" in International Journal of Science and Engineering(IJSE),vol.5(2),ISSN:2086-5023 pp 41-46 Oct- 2013,citation 1, h-index 7
7. MallikarjunaRao G, “Role of Active Pixels for Efficient Face Recognition on Mobile Environment”, International Journal of Intelligent Information Processing(IJIIP), Volume 2, Number 3, September 2012,ISSN : 2093-1964 (Print), ISSN : 2233-9426 (Online)
8. Mallikarjuna Rao G “Efficient Face Recognition using Local Active Pixel Pattern (LAPP) for Mobile Environment”, CSI Journal of Computing - Computer Society of India, Vol. 1 No.1,pp 1-5,2012, e-ISSN: 2277-7091
9. Mallikarjuna Rao G ,” Face Recognition Applications using Active Pixels”, International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications (IJERA) ISSN: 2248-9622 www.ijera.com, 2012, Vol. 2, Issue 4, July-August 2012. Citations 2, Impact factor 5.011
10. Mallikarjuna Rao G, “Fast Local Binary Patterns for Efficient Face Recognition” , Internat. J. of Sci. and Eng. Vol. 2(2):22-26, Dec. 2011.citations 5
1. Malikarjuna Rao G, "Lizard Learning Algorithm", Journal of Computer Science , 2007.
2. Mallikarjuna Rao G, “Efficient Face Recognition using Local Active PixelPattern (LAPP) for Mobile Environment”, CSI Journal of Computing - Computer Society of India, 2012, Vol. 1
1) Mallikarjuna Rao, G., Tripurari, V.S., Ayila, E., Kummam, R., Peetala, D.S.,”Smart-Bot Assistant for College Information System’, Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on Artificial Intelligence and Smart Energy, ICAIS 2022, 2022, pp. 693–697
2) Gundavarapu, M.R., Bachu, A., Tadivaka, S.S., Koundinya, G.S., Nimmala, S.,”Smart Agent Framework for Color Selection of Wall Paintings”,Lecture Notes in Networks and Systems, 2022, 436, pp. 219–230
3) Dusa, D., Gundavarapu, M.R., “Smart Framework for Black Fungus Detection using VGG 19 Deep Learning Approach”, 8th International Conference on Advanced Computing and Communication Systems,ICACCS 2022, 2022, pp. 1023–1028
4) Gundavarapu, M.R., Saaketh Koundinya, G., Bollina Devi Sai,T., Kidambi Sree, G.,” Empathic Chatbot: Emotional Astuteness for Mental Health Well-Being”, Smart Innovation, Systems andTechnologies, 2022, 303 SIST, pp. 697–704
5) Gundavarapu, M.R., Divya Satya Padma, M., Mallikarjuna Rao, C., Lalitha Parameswari, D.V., Saaketh Koundinya, G, “ GA-ANN Framework for Breast Cancer Classification Using NSGA-II”, Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering,, 2022, 836, pp. 407–418
6) Gundavarapu, M.R., Yannam, V.V.R., Velagala, A., Saaketh Koundinya, G., Regonda, S.C.,” Smart Bot for Handwritten Digit String Recognition”,2022 International Conference for Advancement in Technology, ICONAT 2022.
7) Mallikarjuna Rao, G., Ramakrishna Reddy, B., Vishnu, P, “Smart Web Investigation Framework”, Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering, 2021, 788, pp. 305–314
8) Mallikarjuna Rao, G., Mallikarjuna Rao, C., Reddy, B.R.K., Lalitha Parameswari, D.V., Azeez, M.,” Exploring the Novice Approach to Orthorectification of Satellite Imagery”,Lecture Notes in Networks and Systems, 2020, 93, pp. 143–154
9) Mallikarjuna Rao G, “Exploration of Active Pixels in Intelligent Face Recognition for Constrained Mobile Systems”, 5th Indian International Conference on Artificial Intelligence (IICAI-11). IICAI-11 will be held during December 14-16, 2011.Citations 1
10) Mallikarjuna Rao G, “An Investigation into the Use of Partial Face in the Mobile Environment”, ISVC'11 Proceedings of the 7th international conference on Advances in visual computing ,Springer-Verlag Berlin, Heidelberg ©2011, Volume Part Pages 526-535.Citations 2
11) Malikarjuna Rao G, "Methodological Approach for Machine Based Gender Classification", International Conference on Information Technology (INTL-INFO 2007), Haldia Institute of TechnologyHaldia Culcutta, 2007, 84-87 ,Citations 11
12) Malikarjuna Rao G, "On The Notion of Generalized Rapid Transformation & Its use in Recognizing Patterns Due to Deflection the Weld", The VIII International Conference on JOM Denmark, Conference on JOM Helsinger, Denmark, 1997.
Seminars and symposiums Workshop Attended/Organized
1.Organized 2-day workshop on Mobile Applications, IOT and Machine Learning, 3-4, March 2023
2.Organized Mobile 2-day Training program on App Development using Kodular, 23-24,Jan 2023
3.Participated in one-day workshop of Design Thinking, at GRIET on 8 NOV,2018
4.Organized One-Day workshop on Introduction to Arduino Controller for school children as an outreach activity at Jubli Hills Public school Hyderabad 1 SEPT,2018
5.Presented Technical paper at International conference on Wireless sensor Networks, Ubiquitous computing and Applications, 24-25AUG 2018.
6.Participated 2018 CISCO Networking Academy conference in India, 5-6, FEB 2018. Organized and resource person to INTRODUCTION TO ARDUINO PROGRAM for beginners 22-23,Sept 2017 at GRIET
7.Participated in Math works , complementary seminar Matlab and Simulink for Engineering education, on 11 AUG 2014
8. A Two week ISTE work shop on Computer Networking conducted by IIT Bombay from 28th May 2014 to 05th July 2014 at GRIET.
9.Organized and Participated Faculty Development Program on Soft Computing and Machine Learning under TEQIP Phase-II from 03rd Mar 2014 to 08th Mar 2014 at GRIET. Presented technical paper 2nd International conference on Advanced Computing Methodology, 2-3 AUG,2013 at GRIET
10.Participated in 2-week ISTE WORKSHOP,IIT Bombay, on Database Management system from 21-31 March 2013
11. Organized and resource person 3- day faculty development program on Systems Software Development on 21-23, Feb 2013 under TEQIP-Phase II at GRIET
12. Participated in FDP on GeoSpatial Technologies at Deccan Park Office , TCS 26-27, Mar 2012.
13.Organizing committee member on National Conference on Emerging trend and Computing Technologies 18-19, Mar 2013 at GRIET
14.Participated in Two-day Workshop on Digital Learning technologies at JNTUH on 4-5 March 2011
1.Resource person on Arduino and computer network protocols for Communication Systems with Artificial Intelligence , SCTPC training program for police academy, 16th march- 16thjuly,2020
2.Basics of Arduino Controllers and its interfacing at Jubilee hills Public School, SEPT 2018.
3.Resource person for Quantitative approach to Computer Organization: GATE perspective, JNTUCE Jagityala. OCT 2017.
4.Keynote Address and Program Chair for 18th International conference on ‘Pattern Recognition and Image Processing’ from Miami, USA on 3rd June,2016.
5.Digital Logic design: GATE perspective, JNTUCE Jagityala. OCT 2017. Process Management and Issues, FDP on System software, GRIET,2015. Good Teaching Practices: FDP pedagogical training, GRIET,2011.